Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tivoli Road Bakery

It is the Ex-MoVida Bakery but the reality is that nothing has changed. Same baker from what I understand, same everything.

I've visited the bakery a couple of times, mainly to pick up a coffee and the occasional pastry so I can't say too much about it. I have occasionally snuck in a donut at the Abbotsford Convent Slow Food market when they have a stall there. Their donuts, particularly the fillings, are insanely good. Even for something like $3-4. They are worth it.

Anyway, I did end up sitting down for a coffee and a "dossant" (it's a cronut without the trademark bullshit of calling it a cronut), is exceptional. Yep, big call.

Very much the feel of the Bourke St Bakery in Sydney (right down to how it's almost surrounded by houses), and I think there is some connection between the two. Anyway, the let down of this place is perhaps the service. I can't pin point what it is, hard to say they were rude, but can't say they left that great of an impression either.

But sometimes, you just gotta deal to get a dossant.

Where?
Tivoli Road Bakery
3 Tivoli Road, South Yarra

Tivoli Road Bakery on Urbanspoon







No comments: