Sunday, August 25, 2013

THREE WHOLE MONTHS?!

SHIT.

Was my last post 3 months ago?! In all fairness, I have planned to blog about something for a while, but time has been so so precious.

Let me take you back to May.

I ordered a whole lot of chocolate. I ate it. I decided sugar was not my friend. I decided I needed to do more physical activity to counter my sedentary lifestyle of sitting in front of a computer all day and yes, please don't even highlight that I'm blogging about that very fact, in front of a computer at night.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, I decided to get off my fat ass and changed my routine. 5am starts. 9pm finishes, training twice, three, or even four times a day (not necessarily advisable if unless you're really ready to be crushed).

Kettlebells, Yoga, Pilates, Swimming, Running. It is a miracle that I am in fact alive after such an intense 3 months.

My weekly schedule would consist of:

Yoga - Ashtanga (2x week)
Pilates - (up to 5x a week, reformer - I won't lie, been some of the hardest sessions I've ever had).
Swiming - (up to 2x week, 2 km per swim)
Running - (1x week, when my knee doesn't decide to cave in, 10km)
Kettlebells (2x week, 2 x 30min HIIT sessions with a PT)

So, that is where I have been.

On top of that, meticulous food preparation. No matter what people tell you, it's not fun people. It is NOT FUN preparing breakfasts, lunches, dinners that, let's face it, isn't that appetizing when it's meant to be "clean food". What does "clean food" even mean?? Well it means basically nothing delicious.

Right now, I really just want a fucking burger to calm my nerves.

Anyway I digress,  at about 12 weeks I decided to get some metrics because I'm that much of a nerd that I don't believe in mindlessly exercising and eating clean without some hard, scientific evidence. None of this tape measurement or scale stuff, I decided to go straight to get a DEXA scan. The most accurate way to measure your body compositions such as body fat, lean mass, and bone density. To cut the long story short,I am still basically fat, need more muscle and am borderline osteo. No jokes. That is the literal truth and I'm not even exaggerating. Ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but I still have some way to go. (~80,000kJ).

Week 15 over. 3 more weeks, and I'll go in for another scan to see if I've improved.

Anyway, back to eating chicken, and grass for another 11 weeks - I'm aiming for 26 weeks and then I'm eating a whole fucking cake. Not a bite, slither, or slice, but an entire cake.


No comments: