Monday, May 24, 2010

Healesville Hotel

Well, I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping to have lunch at the main dining room, but apparently they are closed on Monday and Tuesdays, with only the bar open. Having said that though, you'd have to expect that the food, coming from the same kitchen, would also deliver something excellent.

Healesville is really only 35-40mins away from home, so it really isn't that far to travel. But often, life and things like work, get in the way of me enjoying things around my area. But not today, today I decided that I would make the effort, as work has been banished from my calendar (I even opted NOT to take my work mobile...I only made one call today, so that was a great outcome), and I had time to run errands and find my way to Healesville for lunch.

Having being disappointed that the main restaurant was closed, I still sat myself down and ordered from the bar menu. I opted for the K&B Chorizo Bake, which came served with an egg, beans and caramelised onions throughout. It was more an iron-bowl of pork mince with a slight kick that was so so warm. The skies were grey and the air cold. I don't know what else could've been better.

You know that feeling you get when you are starting to relax? That feeling doesn't happen very often with me, but today, I felt relaxed. Just having lunch, taking my time, looking forward to visiting the Kennedy and Wilson chocolate shop to get their famous 81% cocoa cat tongues (no, not made of real cat tongues). This is what holiday is all about, too bad I only have 1 day left... *cough**cough*.

Where?
Healesville Hotel, 256 Maroondah Hwy, Healesville

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My cousins are from Healsville. They think I'm 'city' for growing up in Caulfield. City!!

Dave said...

Well Betty, it is very very concerning that your cousins would consider you 'city'. You are most definitely not 'city'. I know you, and I repeat, you are MOST DEFINITELY NOT 'city'. I'd hate to meet your cousins....I can't even imagine where on the spectrum of 'country' they would sit!!!