Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rumi

My first experience of Rumi was probably 12 months ago, with some people from work. But I had forgotten about this place until another colleague had mentioned that they had a brilliant dinner there and what good value it was. So I decided to revisit this place, and good value? It is damn good value.

We opted for the 5 course table banquet menu for $45pp. Where else do you get 5 courses for $45?!?!
For me, highlights were the cheese filled cigars, quail, fried baby prawns and the rice. I can't really remember the exact composition of each course, but several dishes - with a mix of meat and vegetables were presented for four courses. With the final course being of course, tea and turkish delight.

Overall, Rumi provides exceptional value for money, and I would happily, happily eat there over and over again.

 Oh yeah, their pomegranate cocktail is freaken dangerous but awesome, it goes down like sugar water!!


Where?

Rumi, 116 Lygon St, Brunswick East.

Rumi on Urbanspoon

No comments: