Monday, June 27, 2011

Apte

After a visit to the Slow Food farmer's market at the Abbotsford Convent...and, after our breakfast at the Convent Bakery, we still decided to go to have coffee which in reality turned out to be breakfast version 2.  There is something wrong with this behaviour. It's the same behaviour that drives me to eat tacos AND a burger. I'm out of control.

I ended up having the bircher muesli with poached fruits and honey yoghurt and we ordered some banana bread to share. I personally expected the banana bread...to be...more like bread and less like cake.

In general, APTE is a nice space. I love the courtyard setting and outdoor seating area. But perhaps of what we ordered, everything was incredibly, incredibly sweet. It was like a sugar hit that a 5 year old needs at 9pm. Thats how much we (or  namely, I) needed that sugar hit.

On that note, it's probably worth trying, but I'm not itching to go back.

Where?
Apte, 538 Heidelberg Road, Alphington
Apte on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Allan said...

i think APTE has definitely lost its touch, especially in light of how many strong cafes are out there in melbourne.