Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coffee No. 3

Well, it has been such a long time since I've blogged about coffee.

Over the years the coffee scene seems to have accelerated well and truly into the mainstream. It is almost mandatory that if you're a Melbournian, you would have your "favourite" coffee house or roastery (micro of course) or whatever.

I remember a number of years ago, seeing latte art for the first time, and was absolutely amazed at how effortlessly the barista would free pour a rosetta. Back then I was determined to learn..and of course, came the months and months of self-practice. This is of course, almost the norm now in cafes...

Well, for a while, I was pretty good at it but after not really practicing for a while I'm trying to really get the hang of it again. I suppose my question to you guys is, what do you think impresses you with latte art (free pour)? Is it symmetry? intricacy? Notwithstanding the fact that it should actually be a good coffee to begin with...that's a given of course.

Anyway, here's one I poured today, not a rosetta, but whatever. Not really centered, but there's my problem...I am out of control!


I feel like I've lost some ability to pour really intricate patterns. I'm having real difficulty in keeping my hands stable and centeringe. I'll upload more photos in coming weeks and as I again, refocus on sharpening my skills once again....practice practice practice!

Maybe I shouldn't drink so many beforehand...ha ha! Anyway, I better go work on my garden before it's overrun with weeds again. I hope you've had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a coffee whereby the barista poured me a woman with uneven boobs...i think he was trying to say something lol