Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yu-u

It has been months, or even a WHOLE year, since I last visited Yu-u. I remember when getting reservations was virtually impossible. "Sorry, we're fully booked", "Sorry". Yeah, it gets old pretty quickly.

Anyway, we did a lunch at at this basement space. I won't talk about how hard it is to find, or the graffiti door or any of that crap, because you've all heard it before. Just look it up, and if you can't find it, well, you really don't deserve to eat.

It's all pretty much set menus with a few options for the "mains", I had the beef and the tofu (+$12 for the extra main), and my friend had the sashimi. She said it was good, and it did look pretty damn good.

Just so you know, dear readers, I feel so badass taking this photo!! I am such a badass aren't I? I've seen people been TOLD - NO PHOTOS.

The set menus include rice, or seasoned rice, some soup, a piece of fruit, 1 side salad, and 1 side pickles for about $18. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

But all in all, I feel this place has lost some of its charm. I remember when you had no choice, where whatever they served (just 1 main) on the day would be all you would get. I remember this was damn good.

I haven't been back for dinner for quite some time and chances are, dinner is where they shine as always.

Where?
Yu-u, 137 Flinders Lane, CBD
Yu-U on Urbanspoon

No comments: